Today's Devotional, Dec 7

Release The Power In You!

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Ephesians 3:20

How much power is working in you right now? God’s Word says that there is “power that works in us”. It is a tremendous power that shakes the heavens and the earth because it comes from the throne of God, “who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think”! The problem, however, is that many of us don’t release that power.

God wants us to release that power because there are things that will not happen on earth until we do so. Jesus said that “whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven”. (Matthew 16:19) What Jesus is saying is that what you permit to happen, heaven will permit. What you disallow, heaven will disallow!

So how do we release God’s power in us? One way is to pray in tongues. When we allow His Spirit to make intercession for us (Romans 8:26), miracles happen.

Some time ago, the aunt of a church member underwent surgery to remove a diseased kidney. In spite of the surgery, the prognosis was poor. At home, the church member and his wife were prompted by the Spirit to release the power that works in them by praying in tongues for their aunt.

Back at the hospital, the aunt underwent further observation. When an X-ray of her abdominal area was taken, the doctor was shocked to find two healthy kidneys. Five other doctors were consulted who subsequently examined the aunt. At first, they thought that the surgeon who had performed the operation had made a mistake and did not remove the diseased kidney. But further investigation showed that the kidney had indeed been removed. They could not explain what had happened.

But the church member and his wife needed no explanation because they knew that when they released the power that worked in them, God did exceedingly abundantly above all that they could ask or think — He gave their aunt a new kidney.

Beloved, He can do the same for you when you pray in the Spirit and release the power that works in you!

Thought For The Day
When we allow the Holy Spirit to make intercession for us by praying in tongues, miracles happen.

Blessed by this post? Learn more from this recommended message:

Moving By Grace In The Holy Spirit’s Gifts – Part 1

1. Harold says:

amen!

2. Jocel Torres says:

I do really believe in the power of tongues.
    I had proven in my christian life when I first baptized by the Holy Spirit
    and put a new language in my tongue.
    When I am down and upset, I prayed in tongue, and joy comes.
    When I am afraid, I prayed in tongue and the comfort of the LORD embraces me.

That is the power of tongues.

3. Paul says:

When i lack what to say in prayer,i engage tongues,where after i will feel cool atmosphere in my room and my body become relax and therefore i’m able to pray in understanding.i believe God loves me alot.

4. bless 2 know dat d power in me can workout my miracle if release it. i pray 4 d spirit of FAITH 2 always release d power 2 work

5. dave says:

indeed god is showing as he can do extraordinary things in us through tongues.

6. lawani says:

Thank you Holy Spirit.

7. Emmanuel says:

Amen,praying in tounges is one sure way that i know cannot fail brethren if u have a serious issue to handle that is the time to speak in other tounges

8. Dumenyo Oscar says:

HALLELUJAH!

9. Ann says:

This is very exciting, however, I am wondering how one speaks in tongues. I understood it to be a gift only given to some. I didnt realize it was for everyone?

10. Princess says:

Thank God for giving me the holy spirit as i pray in tounges lm enegirzised .Praise God forevermore

11. Namudayi Brenda says:

the bible says that we don’t know how to pray but the holy spirit pleads for us.please pray with me that i will learn to pray in tongues.its my heart desire

12. Salochinee Naidoo says:

It is my hearts desire to pray and speak in tongues. I have bee following Christianity for 3 months now and decided to be Baptised on the 16th December.

13. Sonja Holland says:

Amen ! Thankyou Jesus ! :)

14. God bless you and your family Thank you for this site Merry Christmas . I have heard your sermons on Trinity Broadcasting Network and love how the Lord is working through you. Thank you Jesus . Happy Birthday Jesus