Today's Devotional, February 03

What Have You Been Saying?

Death and life are in the power of the tongue…

Proverbs 18:21

Many things in life can cause us to fear — losing our jobs, deadly diseases, terrorist attacks and so on. When these things confront us, we tend to give in to worry and fear, and start talking about our fears.

Job was no different. He constantly feared that God would punish him and his family because he kept thinking that his sons had sinned against God. He would get up early in the morning to offer burnt sacrifices, saying, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” And the Bible tells us that he did this “regularly”. (Job 1:5)

So Job kept confessing the sins of his sons and fearing that something terrible would happen to him and his family. In fact, his sin-consciousness didn’t just produce fear, the Bible tells us that he “greatly feared”. (Job 3:25)

It is important that we understand that it was Job’s sin-consciousness that opened the door to Satan. His preoccupation with sins that his family may have committed gave Satan the opportunity to bring death and destruction into his life. God had a hedge of protection around Job. But when he started being sin-conscious and having a fearful expectation of judgment, the hedge was removed and Satan could attack him. (Job 1:9–12)

My friend, today, if you have sinned, don’t say, “I have failed again. I deserve to be punished by God.” Know that you already have forgiveness of sins because Jesus was punished and condemned in your place! (Ephesians 1:7) So say, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ. Jesus, You are my holiness and perfection.” (1 Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 5:21)

We must be mindful of what we believe and say regularly because “death and life are in the power of the tongue”. So when you hear of a deadly virus taking many lives, don’t say, “I’m next because I have not been a good Christian!” Instead, say, “Jesus, You are my righteousness and protection. Surely You shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence!” (Psalm 91:3)

Beloved, such believing and confessing not only please God, but they also shut the door on Satan so that he cannot make any inroad into your life!

Thought For The Day
Be mindful of what you believe and say regularly because death and life are in the power of the tongue.

[geocontent locationtype="Country" location="US, CA" reverse="flipit"]
Blessed by this post? Learn more from this recommended message:

Speak God’s Language Of Faith

[/geocontent]

[geocontent locationtype="Country" location="US, CA"]

[/geocontent]

1. vivien says:

This is very true in our Christian walk,we tend to worry most of the time and became unaware of our words opening door to satan…Let us always be aware that the enemy is just around us waiting someone to devour..But our God is within us and through Jesus we must be much more aware that His grace always abound us in every circumstances,even to what words come from our mouth..

2. Tamra says:

Yes, the spoken word is very powerful. When God spoke the heavens and the earth were created. The spoken word has the power to create life or death. Speaking the Word of God over situations is so powerful that it gives no place for the devil in our lives. Thank you JPrince for teaching such important Truth!

3. Richard akrong says:

4. Pearl says:

If only i am conscious of this truth more often! Help me Holy Spirit…
    Thanks Pastor Prince for God’s annointing on you.

5. charity sammaritans says:

Thank you God for you have spoken to me this mornig,my night was not pleasing coz I went to bed feeling guilty and sin conscious n I woke up not happy coz I even had a bad dream. But after. Reading this I feel relieved and restored into my happiness again coz I now know that Jesus is my righteousness and protection n I wl not fear..thank you pastor 4 this grt word it has changed me today. God will bless you richly.

6. this is what the world needs to hear.thanks very much pastor.

7. Prempeh says:

Learning to speak God’s language is a foretaste of Glory Divine. Exercise this graciousness of God and live blessed!

8. Tawanda N. Muvingi says:

its so true! my tongue is one of the most powerful tool i’ve for success or failure

9. gbemileke says:

Thanks for this one, pastor Prince. It is really what i need right now.

10. Segun Adeosun says:

Our words set the landmarks of our lives. Maintain a good confession based on the Word of GOD!

11. nyamekye afua says:

am bless

12. Uatiselo says:

Thank you pastor!

13. Mike tidwell says:

So true , we are snared by the words of our mouth.

14. Sabrina LaShawn Thomas says:

Amen, and I will speak what my Lord Jesus Christ has declared I am.

15. zeny says:

Amen,Hallelujah!.. I love Gospel Revolution…Thank you my beautiful Savior Jesus…Grace and Peace to ALL…..

16. Favour says:

Thank God 4 u pastor, u re indeed a blessing

17. Veronica Rabi says:

Thank you. I am really blessed and encouraged by your daily meditates and your messages on God TV. Really want to hear more of your messages and read your books. Waiting for that opportunity

18. Madline says:

Amen. Thank You, Abba Father for bringing Pastor Prince into my life.

19. Katie B says:

Thank you Pastor for teaching us about God’s grace!!!!

20. Sue says:

Thank you Pr for this message. Believing and cofessing God’s word over our lives brings success, blessings, victory, health and so on.

21. Johnson says:

I am saved

22. Oscar dumenyo says:

Amen! I am e righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Hallelujah!!!

23. Noel Samuel says:

thanks Pastor Prince…

24. Jean says:

May my tongue speak only His words of life, health, prosperity, protection and peace. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

25. Great devotion this morning Pastor Prince! Learning so much from these devotions. Bought the book and devotion. Great stuff! It is mind blowing to see the differences of the grace of God and the law of performance. God bless Pastor!

26. Grycee says:

So encouraging,I appreciate.

27. I BELIEVE IN GOD HOLE HEARTED, IM HEALED IM SAVED IM COVERED WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS , I DOTHE BEST THAT I CAN , I PRAY TO HIM , I TALK TO HIM , I’VE SURRENDER MY ALL TO HIM .. I BELIEVE WHEN HE COMES I WILL GO WITH! I PUT ALL MY TRUST N FAITH NI HIM .. HE IS MY LORD N MY EVERLASTING LOVE !! AMEN N AMEN!! THANK YOU FOR YOU DEVO N YOUR INSPIRATIONS ITS A BIG HELP IN MY LIFE!! MY TONGUE SPEAKS KIND N LOVING WORDS , AS I JUST WROTE TO YOU ! YOU CAN SEE WHAT I SPEAK?? HE WILL NEVER ME NOR FOR SAKE ME.. AMEN !! GOD BLESS !!

28. LoriAnn says:

Thank you! needed to hear that! for our trials is something we can control with our tongues. so the saying goes positive thoughts bring positive out comes! Amen!

29. ERNEST CHABVONGA says:

Heaven, thank u 4 Jesus

30. Galaza Tshabalala says:

Amen!!! Pastor Prince the Devil is a lair GOD said I’m rich HE has blessed me ubandently I’m a seed of Abraham halleluya!!!

31. Crystal says:

Thank you ,Pastor Prince…this word is just what I need today;I’m going through a vicious storm right now,and wondering when the end of the storm is coming. But I know what I must do. Praise the Lord!!!

32. Lori Gregory says:

Thank you for sharing that positive power filled word… I needed to hear this.. Our words bring a creative force and produce what we say.. I’m understanding that now… I embrace a renewed mind… I’m sick and tired of the enemy stealing from my family..

33. Narkie Sandra says:

Wow God richly bless u lol.

34. RASHMI SINGH says:

n i knw it will help me…
    i need those words which u said…
    i can feel positive energy….

35. Owolabi Lanre says:

Thank u my Lord 4d glorious revelation.

36. Dedy Gerson Gultom says:

So encouraging,..
    thanks God for Your Grace and Mercy..
    thanks pastor Joseph Prince..God Bless You

37. vera says:

thanks and praise be to God for further revelation!
    God bless u more pastor j. prince… amen.

38. nelson says:

Thank God 4 your prayer support thro successful surgery.
    This song filled my heart moments before surgery…guess what it was a grace song…I love singing such songs these days as your teachings impact my life continually..
    HE HOLDS MY HANDS,
    JESUS THE MAN OF CALVARY,
    WHETHER RAIN OR SHINE, DAY OR NITE.
    HE LEADS THE WAY,
    HE STILLS THE RAGING STORMS OF MY LIFE,
    AND GIVES ME PEACE PERFECT PEACE,
    NO ONE HAS LOVED MUCH AS HE’S DONE
    SHEDDING HIS BLOOD 4 FOR ME
    O WHAT A FRIEND 2X
    THAT JESUS IS………

I will continue 2 confess …IT IS WELL WITH MY SPIRIT, SOUL N BODY IN CHRIST
    JESUS…
    Stay Blessed Ps Prince

39. lilian says:

Thank you Ps Prince for the sound teaching on the unceasing Grace of our Lord Jesus. Thru your persistent teaching & my meditation of God’s Word, i’m coming along in switching my mind and heart into His Grace daily thus able to teach & share with my daughter as well. God bless you, your family and New Creation Church!