Today's devotional, October 16

Call It Forth!

… God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

Romans 4:17

“Pastor Prince, I feel the pain in my body. How can I go around saying that Christ has redeemed me from this sickness? How can I say that by His stripes I am healed?”

Well, God’s way is to call those things that are not as though they are. And because you are made in God’s image, you can also call those things that are not as though they are!

When God wanted to make Abraham a father of many nations, what did He do? He changed the way Abraham talked. At that time, Abraham did not even have a single child from Sarah because she was barren. So how could he become a father of many nations?

God changed the way he talked. How? By changing his name from Abram to Abraham, which means “father of many nations”. (Genesis 17:5)

Just imagine: From then on, every time he met someone, he would say, “Hi, my name is Father Of Many Nations.” Every time dinner was ready, Sarah would call out to Abraham, “Darling… Father Of Many Nations… dinner is ready! Father Of Many Nations…” You can just hear their neighbors saying, “They want a child so much they have gone mad!” But God changed the way Abraham talked so that he called forth what God saw him already blessed with.

You know, when Jesus saw the man with a withered hand, He didn’t say, “My goodness! It is so withered!” He said, “Stretch out your hand!” (Matthew 12:13) He called forth what He wanted. He looked at the paralytic and said, “Rise, take up your bed and go home!” (Matthew 9:6) He didn’t see the way it was in the natural. He saw the way God meant it to be and He called it forth.

Genesis 1 tells us that in the beginning, there was darkness over the face of the whole earth. God saw the darkness and He said, “Light be!” And light was. God called forth what He wanted and it became so! If it had been me or you, we would probably have said, “Whoa! It is so dark!”

My friend, despite the pain, call forth your healing. It is pointless to state the obvious. So change the way you talk. See the way God meant it to be, and start calling forth your healing and wholeness!

Thought For The Day
God’s way is to call those things that are not as though they are.

[geocontent locationtype="Country" location="US, CA" reverse="flipit"]
Blessed by this post? Learn more from this recommended message:

Hope Never Disappoints — Have A Confident Expectation Of Good!

[/geocontent]

[geocontent locationtype="Country" location="US, CA"]

[/geocontent]

1. Sandhya D'Mello says:

Thank you Jesus for your gift of salvation in our life and for your work on cross… We call forth for anil’s employment in the name of Jesus…. Amen

2. Vanessa Nesam says:

Thank You , JESUS for your salvation!

3. Ogbonna Nesoma says:

Thank you Lord for your Divine provisions! Thanks for giving me chimddy as my partner4Life, thanks for the toyota avalon and thanks for a sound apartment of my own. Above all, thanks for unmerited gift of life andd abundance. Am truly grateful!!!!!!

4. Nigyl Palmer says:

Wow I’m truely blessed by this message! SPEAK IT!!
    #mynewmotto!

5. Nokubonga says:

Amen!

6. marve Gandah says:

whoah,u know Joseph,u just talked faith into my life and indeed we are children of faith,who call things that are not as if they were.amen

7. Michael says:

O Yes! What A Wonderful God we save! Thank You God! <3 U.

8. Ifeanyi E. says:

thank U Lord! good work pst. JP!

9. Angel says:

I bless God for he knws me my father i pray that you may release the finances that r held so that my school fees may b paid i believe in u all the tym knwng u never let me down

10. JOHNY AKANSAG BERA says:

11. Kristy says:

Thank you Daddy God for healing me of Breast Cancer! I live “as if” and speak only of my healing. By Jesus stripes, I am healed!!! Thank you Pastor Prince! I can not WAIT to be blessed by you in Houston, TX! God Bless you… God Bless us All!

12. Damilola Olawuyi says:

I know I’m blessed because my name says so. Thank you Jesus.

13. Oscar dumenyo says:

God bless u Pst JP!

14. Paul Igbaji says:

Pastor Joe, u really changed my view on that part of the scriptures today, may God continue to use you to touch and change lifes in Jesus name. Amen…

15. Benedict Quartey says:

thankz for this message i’ll now declare everything the way God wants it and see it not the obvious so help me God.thank u Jesus

16. Christy Harrison says:

Our church has really received your message of GRACE as a word in season. We have read two of your books and listened to many, many of your sermons on CD. I am asking for your agreement in prayer that my husband and I be healed. My husband is in lots of pain with his shoulder, back, hip and leg – he is diabetic and is going through an episode of bell’s palsy now. I went of a medical mission trip to India and since have had a skin affliction for 6 1/2 years – terrible itching and inflammation mainly on legs but some on arms – it has gone systemic once and I almost died. I’ve seen hundreds of doctors and it could not be diagnosed. WE BOTH BELIEVE that by Jesus’ stripes we WERE healed but have not been able to have healing manifest yet.

17. amen amen we got a home an we get to keep my grandkid an get the other one back in jesus name amen i love jesus so much thank u jesus thank u jesus lol

18. Hudson kipapi says:

Amen pst. Prince

19. Tara says:

Thank you for your messages. They have helped keep my focus on God instead of my pain. I have gotten back to work and have been sleeping and functioning better because of it and actually believe there is hope again. Each day my faith becomes stronger through revelation of Gods word!

20. Amen I receive it.

21. Thapelo Ngwato Makgwale says:

Thank you JP this post increased my faith!! :-I

22. Jeffrey sarpong says:

#Speakingintonguesrightnow Hallellujahhhhhh !!!!!!

23. winnie kinya says:

LORD JESUS I BLESS U..I CALL FORTH HEALING FOR MY LEFT SIDED RIB,I CALL FORTH MY EMOTIONAL HEALING IN THE NAME OF JESUS,IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS I BELIEVE I WILL TESTIFY OF YOUR GOODNESS& SING YOUR PRAISES FOR ALL TO KNOW THAT YOU’RE GOD ALMIGHTY & MIGHTY TO HEAL.AMEN